Working with people, psychologists are forced to create situations of success, correct self-esteem and form self-confidence. Often, experts turn to people who, as a rule, have low self-esteem and show shyness. Psychologists develop pride in achievement, not vanity and pride.
What is pride?
Inflated pride is pride. This is a kind of idealization of pride, completely unfounded. It seems to a person that he is better than others and surpasses them in anything. In this case, he "takes sin upon the soul." And then pride goes automatically to the rank of sin. Currently this word is rarely used. It is replaced by other concepts: arrogance, arrogance, ambition, vanity, vanity.
The roots of pride:
1. Contempt for people and lust for power. It is expressed through such personal qualities as arrogance, arrogance, arrogance, arrogance, arrogance, arrogance, self-love and high self-esteem.
2. The desire to achieve more than it has and is. This is ambition and ambition.
3. Bad manners and egoism allow for the sake of personal interests to shove, as they say, a drill. This is selfishness, arrogance, rudeness, arrogance, insolence, audacity, shamelessness, shamelessness.
4. Thirst for glory. She has such qualities as arrogance and boasting, and most importantly - vanity.
5. Admiration. It is confirmed by complacency and self-love.
6. Over-confidence in themselves, in their knowledge and strengths. Self-confidence and self-esteem are essential. “Pride achieved” - so it means.
Two approaches to the emergence of pride
Scientific approach. Man hunted, engaged in farming and gradually he began to produce more goods and products than he consumed. So began to accumulate wealth. Thanks to intelligence, cunning, and strength, some people began to stand out among others. So there was pride, over time, grew into pride.
The sense of superiority, manifested at the genetic level and allowing to achieve a high position in society, is called pride.
Religious approach. Based on the religious approach, we find out that pride is a sin. It first arose from a freedom-loving angel, who imagined himself equal to God and challenged him.
Alexander Yelchaninov (the priest) says so about pride: “The illness of pride begins from prolonged personal well-being and good luck. A “temperamental” person who is talented and passionate about can’t see anything around except for his talent. These qualities must be accompanied by deep and complete spirituality. One rises above the people, the other resigns. At the same time, both remain proud. The tax collector said that he was a sinner, and humble fornicators are much better than virgins of the proud. ”
The sin of pride, or "The sin of Lucifer"
The cause of misfortunes and all kinds of misdeeds in the world is pride. Often people take pride in shaming them. They are inflated with pride for big money or good property. Usually the sin of pride lasts a minute or a moment, and punishment lasts for ages. A person who has fallen into pride does not notice guilt. He is proud and does not admit that he is wrong.
How to recognize sin?
1. Proud ascribes everything to himself.
2. Often those who have made a fortune are subject to this sin.
3. The proud man criticizes and humiliates his neighbors.
4. He wants to be talked about with respect.
5. Proud not condemn.
The source of malice, anger and cruelty is the mortal sin of pride. A cold soul and a desire to shame others - this is how pride is manifested. The sin of pride gradually merges with nature, and the soul becomes dark and hopeless.
You have found a sin, what to do?
3. Do not idealize your qualities.
Pride is a cunning sin. Strive to notice and eradicate it.